Welcome to the new and improved Blue Weimaraner Club of America website! This new website has lots of great new features and we hope that you will take advantage of them. Below is a brief description of the new features:
- Subscribe to Updates – You can now subscribe via RSS or email to four seperate types of updates: 1) Blue Weim Brags – Get an update whenever a Blue Weimaraner has earned a new title; 2) Latest News – this includes the Blue Weim Brags but also includes updates and news related to BWCA; 3) Rescue updates – be notified whenever a new blue Weim is listed for rescue anywhere in the US! 4) All Updates – Be notified for all new posts in all three of the previous categories. *Note* Email updates are only sent once a day and only one email is sent per subscription so you will not get bombarded with a bazillion emails.
- To subscribe to any of the categories, simply click on the orange RSS button where you see it to subscribe to that section or click here to go directly to the email subscription page.
- Once a dog has been added to BWCA, Rescue groups will be able to post updates to each dog as necessary via the comments section.
- Subscribe to Comments – Don’t want to subscribe to a whole category, just one post? For example, say you want to be updated on rescue dog Kohl’s health updates. You can add a comment on his post and click the “” box near the submit button and whenever a new comment is added to Kohl, you will get an email. This is especially handy for updates to the Blue Weim calendar and rescue dogs.
- Rescue dogs are now categorized by Rescue Group and State.
- Flickr Group – We have added photos of blue Weimaraners via a Flickr group. You can have your dog featured on the BWCA website simply by joining the group and adding your photos. Click here to visit the group.
Special thanks goes out to Leslie Nicole for the design of the new header showcasing active Blues Weims. Thanks also to volunteers Cristi Theriot, Jane Iseberg and Heather Long who have taken on the task of helping to keep the rescue pages up to date. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all your help!
Feel free to leave comments at the bottom of any post to let us know what you think. If you see a bug or an error, let us know that too.
We hope you enjoy the new website and that you will sign up to receive updates!